INFRARED SAUNA PROTOCOL
Before your Session
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink a minimum of 16 oz. of water to prepare your body for an increase in core body temperature. Most people do not drink enough water, to begin with and now that you are using an infrared sauna and sweating, it is even more important to stay properly hydrated. Always drink plenty of water before, during, and after your infrared sauna session.
During your Session
• Wear lightweight clothing. Lightweight shorts and tee shirts are ok. Swimsuits are better. Your “Birthday Suit” is perfectly fine, too. The more skin exposure the better. We highly recommend using the provided Bamboo Carbon Body Wrap or Bath Towel to maximize infrared absorption.
• Use the provided Bamboo Carbon Towels on the bench to absorb sweat.
• Begin your session once the internal cabin temperature of the infrared sauna reaches a minimum of 100°F. The optimal infrared sauna experience occurs between 100° and 130°F.
• If you are just beginning with regular sauna use, it is important to start slow and get your body accustomed to infrared therapy. We recommend beginning with 10-15 minute sessions at 100°F every other day. Gradually increase toward 30 to 45 minute daily sessions in the optimal temperature range based upon your chosen program.
• You may not sweat as much as expected during your first few infrared sauna sessions. This is normal for many people, as they haven’t had a recent history of sweating, and it takes a few sessions to “retrain” the body to do what comes naturally. Sweating will increase and intensify with regular use.
• Take care not to overheat during your first few sessions. Always listen to your body and adjust your session length in accordance to your body’s needs. As the body continues to adjust, sweating will increase dramatically, and body temperature regulation will become even more effective. You may open the door or ceiling vent for a minute to let some fresh air inside if necessary.
• To get faster results from your infrared sauna session, use our Pure Sweat amplifying cream for an even deeper and more intensified sweat.
After your Session
• Sit or recline with a Bamboo Carbon Body Wrap or Bath Towel around you for about 5 to 10 minutes as your body continues to sweat and perspire.
• Drink a minimum of 16 ounces of water to rehydrate your body.
• Cool down with a complimentary eucalyptus aromatherapy towelette.
• Kindly place your used Bamboo Carbon Towels and Wraps in the designated laundry receptacle located within the linen tower near the door.
• Wait at least 30 to 60 minutes to shower.
*Listen to your body. Be aware of excessive detoxifying. If you begin to feel symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, or flu-like symptoms during your infrared sauna session, discontinue use immediately. If these symptoms continue, consult your physician.